JRPG Japanese: A Language Learning Adventure! is an RPG that teaches Japanese currently in the works! It specializes in vocab and phrases you’d see in JRPGs, while teaching Japanese grammar to help the reader understand how to read and make their own sentences.
All Japanese will be written in hiragana, katakana, and kanji with romanji for language learners of all levels!
はいよ、 旅人よ！Hello, adventurer! And welcome to the (over)world of old school, 16-bit JRPG gaming and Japanese language! I, Runa, will be your trusty mascot and party member, and together, we’ll brave natural Japanese lingo with a JRPG twist!!
What JRPG Japanese will be:
- It will be an RPG made from RPG Maker MV.
- It will contain an original soundtrack.
- It will have graphics/assets made by artists around the web
- It will be an educational game that teaches Japanese language.
- It will have one, complete story with a full cast of characters.
- It will contain dialogues in both English and Japanese (with kanji and romanji for language learners of all levels).
- It will contain not only in-game phrases, but phrases gamers can use, too.
- It will contain illustrated charts for katakana and hiragana.
- It will contain lists and lists of common RPG items, weapons, and monsters.
This game is made for Japanese enthusiasts of all levels, from beginners who can only read romanji to intermediate-advanced learners who want a game that can teach them gaming-specific lingo. It’ll include sentence structure, grammar patterns, and common gaming phrases, all while using lots of vocabulary associated with the old RPGs we used to play as kids! It already has LOADS of gaming vocabulary, from lists of monsters, weapons, magic spells, common dungeons, items, and dialogues!
Ever wondered how to say “Crap, my HP’s getting low…”, or “Bring it on, scumbag!”, or “This boss is ridiculously hard!”, or “Well, well, well. I’m impressed you made it this far.”? I got you covered, hero!
For more info on the game description, see my latest devlog, JRPG JAPANESE WILL BE AN RPG GAME RELEASE!